(interview) Interview Live with Lisa Edelstein for Starry Constellation Magazine

« Older   Newer »

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

House fans: There's a conference call w/ Lisa E on Monday at 2pm. If enough people are interested, I'll try to live Tweet it.

Web

2. cuddy

User deleted

con chi ha l'intervista? almeno questo ho capito.

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Q&A conf call with Lisa Edelstein starts in a few minutes. watch for the live tweets! #HOUSE & #LisaEdelstein fans!

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Haha... FYI: The conference call starts at 2pm, not "in a few minutes."

Web

4. huddylori

User deleted

Pronte con le domande?Chi ha la possibilità di farlo naturalmente!!! :)

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Q&A conf call with Lisa Edelstein coming up so watch for the live tweets :) #HOUSE & #LisaEdelstein fans

Web

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

First question...

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

The challenges she and Hugh have faced with the emotional sides of the characters.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

challenges: friendship as people & intimacy is easier then than in day one with Hugh #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

LE: This level of intimacy with the characters is easier now than if it started with day now.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

CB is amazing. Really fun to work with.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Really fun to push the fictional envelope with Cuddy having pussy mom.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

candice is amazing, bright, makes the dialogues shines, fun to work with, L grew up watching her and pushed the enveloppe on H

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Cuddy can tolerate h coz she grew up with her mom #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: the dialogue between the characters in the season opener. talking about season 7 premiere.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

It felt more like a play. The writers felt that you couldn't just put these two characters together. You have to give them a moment.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Now What felt like a play and intimate. take a moment with these 2 people before putting them back to work.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

They really thought about it long and hard. They thought about different ways to handle the relationship in the season opener.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: Where relationship is heading.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Two complicated people who want to be together. They might not be able to, but they want to.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

TPTB thought about many different ways to discover their relationship. they will try as hard as they can to make it work. #HOUSE #LisaE

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: How Cuddy changed over the year.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

It's always David Shore's character. He controls the world, we're the puppets.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Cuddy didnt change, just more complicated, the performance taints the character but it's Shore's story and character.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

an actore with give its character rythm and humor. #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: Advice for actors (there's always this crap question)

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

actors' advice: enjoy the process even in this hard process. make the most of it. #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: What is atmosphere on set?

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

We're not pranksters. We have alot of smart, very disturbed people working on the show.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

It's alot of fun because we all like eachother.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

a lot of great wits on this crew, very smart and disturbed person there! but mostly concentrated. they all like each other #HOUSE #LisaE

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

LE talking about having an episode centered on her. It was fun having the responsibility to set the pace of the show

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

on 5to9: fun to be the person setting the pace, the atmosphere on stage, being responsible not to have an attitude and have fun. loved it

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q:: If someone would have told you in season 1 that House and Cuddy would be a couple, what would you say to that?

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

I wouldn't be surprised. I saw something with that in the pilot.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

If you told me that House and Cuddy would have gotten together in season 6 or season 7, I would have been more shocked about us actually

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

having a season 6 or 7.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: What does CUddy's clothes say about her?

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Lisa wouldnt have been surprised if House & Cuddy were to become a couple later on when she did the pilot.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

She's all work and very little play. She can't even run in those skirts.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Are there any actors that are similar to their characters in any way

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

about Cuddy: her clothes hold her in, she's not so free. but sexy and beautiful #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

No. People are alot more goofier than their characters

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: What are Cuddy's best qualities?

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

She has alot of responsibility and she takes it on

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Cuddy has a remarkable amount of responsabilities and tries not to screw up but try to leave a full life

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

On Cuddy's family. When the crisis hits, it gets really messy.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: Another Cuddy focused episode? No, I have no idea. They don't tell me this stuff.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q; Any guest stars looking forward to? Besides the Cuddy family, she's bad at remembering names.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

I spend my days off taking care of myself. Taking walks with my dog. Slimming. Just doing things that keep me calm and slow.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

"I spend my day off taking care of myself" #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

I try not to drive that much. I try to keep it peaceful. We work really hard when we're working. Going to charity events, etcs...

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: Have you had any chance to spend time at a hospital recently?

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Last year I got to observe this really cool surgery and I had a really good time doing it. I love biology and it was interesting.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Lisa got to observe a cool surgery last year... #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: What is your secret to staying in shape?

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

I try to eat really well...and that's about it.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Eating well doesn't mean that you have to eat boring, tasteless food.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

I make food all the time for my friends who aren't vegans and they never go away hungry.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

on looking amazing: she eats very well, she cooks, and nuture her relationship with food. #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Her favorite healthy snack: Salad, Kale... they used to call her rabbit as a kid.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: Have you ever thought about putting out a vegan cook book?

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

No, I haven't. I really steal from every other cookbooks, so the whole thing would be plagiarized.

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

Lisa recommends 'Clean Food' to cook vegetarian food food.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

I recommend "Clean Food," a book I got last year.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: After 7 season, why do people keep tuning in?

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

That's the magic bullet, isn't it? It's so arbitrary on what makes a series works.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Our 6 first episodes, we would have been canceled if it weren't for American Idol stepping in.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: Is everyone on board for next season?

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

House is the magic bullet! thankful to D Shore & Hugh Laurie! AI got them incredible following #HOUSE #LisaEdelstein

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

No. There's something going on. There's a complicated structure.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

NBC wants Fox to take over production and Fox doesn't want to take it over.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Hugh is there for an 8th season.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: What does Cuddy do for House and what does House do for Cuddy?

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

There's a great history there and when you get older, that's a really important thing to have with someone.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Problems having been solved, truths having be faced.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

He knows that she'll tell him the truth, she'll tell him when he's went to far.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

For Cuddy, it's his intelligence and brilliance that excites her./size]

CITAZIONE
    [size=4]Megabby

H&C: theres a great history there. it's an enormous value. C is someone H trusts. his intelligence and his brilliance is a rush.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Whether he's someone she can trust is something she'll have to see.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: How do you think Huddy is different from the other "will they or won't they" relationships on television.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

The relationship isn't about will they or won't the. It's always been about House's journey.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Q: Hopes for the future of the show.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

I stay out of it. I would hate to see David Shore read my opinion about the character and what should happen. I just enjoy the ride.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Conference call is over.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

I'll have the full transcript up in an hour or so.

CITAZIONE
    anthonyocasio

Hope the House fans enjoyed it. For everyone else, I'm sorry about flooding Twitter. ;-)

CITAZIONE
    Megabby

22 minutes...we have 45 with Amber...but Lisa was very cool :)

Web

7. huddylori

User deleted

Grazie!!Ma ho capito poco !! :(
    Qualcosa con google si riesce ad afferrare,ma non molto in realt°!!

Frà,quando torni e quando puoi help!! :wub:

Group
    founder

Status
    ecco un riassuntino forse un pò più chiaro ^^ neanche io ho capito niente ma perché non l'ho letta proprio XD postarla in contemporanea mi ha fatta diventare strabica XDD ho già chiesto a frà per la traduzione ;D
    CITAZIONE
    Interview Live with Lisa Edelstein for Starry Constellation Magazine

I followed the interview through NotYerAvgChick & anthonyocasio and here’s the transcript of questions and answers for you.
    Hopefully we’ll see that complete in the magazine soon.
    This is not the full trascript. Anthony says gonna get the full one in one hour or so. Stay tuned!

Q: The challenges she and Hugh have faced with the emotional sides of the characters.
    This level of intimacy with the characters is easier now than if it started with day now.
    CB is amazing. Really fun to work with. Really fun to push the fictional envelope with Cuddy having pussy mom.

Q: the dialogue between the characters in the season opener. talking about season 7 premiere.
    It felt more like a play. The writers felt that you couldn’t just put these two characters together. You have to give them a moment. They really thought about it long and hard. They thought about different ways to handle the relationship in the season opener.

Q: Where relationship is heading.
    Two complicated people who want to be together. They might not be able to, but they want to.

Q: How Cuddy changed over the year.
    It’s always David Shore’s character. He controls the world, we’re the puppets.

Q: What is atmosphere on set?
    We’re not pranksters. We have alot of smart, very disturbed people working on the show. It’s alot of fun because we all like eachother.
    talking about having an episode centered on her. It was fun having the responsibility to set the pace of the show.

Q: If someone would have told you in season 1 that House and Cuddy would be a couple, what would you say to that?
    I wouldn’t be surprised. I saw something with that in the pilot.
    If you told me that House and Cuddy would have gotten together in season 6 or season 7, I would have been more shocked about us actually having a season 6 or 7.

Q: What does CUddy’s clothes say about her?
    She’s all work and very little play. She can’t even run in those skirts.

Q: Are there any actors that are similar to their characters in any way
    No. People are a lot more goofier than their characters.

Q: What are Cuddy’s best qualities?
    She has a lot of responsibility and she takes it on. On Cuddy’s family. When the crisis hits, it gets really messy.

Q: Another Cuddy focused episode?
    No, I have no idea. They don’t tell me this stuff.

Q: Any guest stars looking forward to?
    Besides the Cuddy family, she’s bad at remembering names.

Q: How do you (Lisa) spend a day off?
    I spend my days off taking care of myself. Taking walks with my dog. Slimming. Just doing things that keep me calm and slow. I try not to drive that much. I try to keep it peaceful. We work really hard when we’re working. Going to charity events, etcs…

Q: Have you had any chance to spend time at a hospital recently?
    Last year I got to observe this really cool surgery and I had a really good time doing it. I love biology and it was interesting.

Q: What is your secret to staying in shape?
    I try to eat really well…and that’s about it. Eating well doesn’t mean that you have to eat boring, tasteless food. I make food all the time for my friends who aren’t vegans and they never go away hungry.
    Her favorite healthy snack: Salad, Kale… they used to call her rabbit as a kid.

Q: Have you ever thought about putting out a vegan cook book?
    No, I haven’t. I really steal from every other cookbooks, so the whole thing would be plagiarized. I recommend “Clean Food,” a book I got last year.

Q: After 7 season, why do people keep tuning in?
    That’s the magic bullet, isn’t it? It’s so arbitrary on what makes a series works. Our 6 first episodes, we would have been canceled if it weren’t for American Idol stepping in.

Q: Is everyone on board for next season?
    No. There’s something going on. There’s a complicated structure. NBC wants Fox to take over production and Fox doesn’t want to take it over. Hugh is there for an 8th season.

Q: What does Cuddy do for House and what does House do for Cuddy?
    There’s a great history there and when you get older, that’s a really important thing to have with someone. Problems having been solved, truths having be faced. He knows that she’ll tell him the truth, she’ll tell him when he’s went to far. For Cuddy, it’s his intelligence and brilliance that excites her. Whether he’s someone she can trust is something she’ll have to see.

Q: How do you think Huddy is different from the other “will they or won’t they” relationships on television.
    The relationship isn’t about will they or won’t the. It’s always been about House’s journey.

Q: Hopes for the future of the show.
    I stay out of it. I would hate to see David Shore read my opinion about the character and what should happen. I just enjoy the ride.

Source
    Web

9. °*ciop94*°

User deleted

non so come tu abbia fatto a postarla in contemporanea, ma....o.o....wow....
    detto questo ci sono alcuni punti che mi restano oscuri, ma penso di aver capito in linea di massima l'intervista. la cosa che non sono sicura di aver capito è la parte che riguarda un eventuale ottava stagione; sembra che dica che non c'è niente di sicuro, ma che hugh c'è O.o...ecco di quello vorrei una traduzione anche perchè non mi fido del mio inglese XDDD

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE (°*ciop94*° @ 24/1/2011, 21:10) 

ho detto su che sono diventata strabica u___u XDDD
    Web

11. huddylori

User deleted

Grazie Tere!!Tu sei davvero un mito,perchè sei sempre velocissima aa darci le news!!!
    Mi sembrano sempre buoni i suoi commenti huddy!!
    E comunque mi pare nessuna novità sulla stagione (!
    Ma aspettiamo Francessca,attualmente grande traduttrice!! :lol:

Stagine 8,volevo dire,accidenti ai tasti!!

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE (huddylori @ 24/1/2011, 21:17) 
    Grazie Tere!!Tu sei davvero un mito,perchè sei sempre velocissima aa darci le news!!!
    Mi sembrano sempre buoni i suoi commenti huddy!!
    E comunque mi pare nessuna novità sulla stagione (!
    Ma aspettiamo Francessca,attualmente grande traduttrice!! :lol:

Stagine 8,volevo dire,accidenti ai tasti!!

di niente cara :lol: :lol:
    Web

13. °*ciop94*°

User deleted

CITAZIONE (~MissCarta~ @ 24/1/2011, 21:12) 
    CITAZIONE (°*ciop94*° @ 24/1/2011, 21:10) 

oh, beh, ora è tutto MOLTO più chiaro XDDD

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE (°*ciop94*° @ 24/1/2011, 21:32) 
    CITAZIONE (~MissCarta~ @ 24/1/2011, 21:12) 

oh, beh, ora è tutto MOLTO più chiaro XDDD

: :ROTFL: : : :ROTFL: :
    Web

15. frances

User deleted

Al momento non sono a casa. Appena arrivo traduco! Comunque si, sulla stagione 8 dice che ci sono problemi tra la fox e l'nbc e che l'unico sicuro x la serie 8 è Hugh... A tra un po'!

45 replies since 20/1/2011, 22:37   234 views