(article) Actor Lisa Edelstein grateful her ‘House’ call has lasted so long

« Older   Newer »

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Actor Lisa Edelstein grateful her ‘House’ call has lasted so long

When Lisa Edelstein was cast as Dr. Lisa Cuddy on House in 2004, she never imagined that her no-nonsense character would ever end up in a romance with Dr. House (Hugh Laurie) the grouchy, manipulative doctor who spent each episode trying to subvert Cuddy’s authority.

It wasn’t that she thought the pairing was unrealistic, Edelstein says, but she didn’t want to get her hopes up that the Fox drama would last that long.

“The first six episodes, we would have been cancelled on any other network because we didn’t have a huge audience,” explains Edelstein, 44. “If you told me that House and Cuddy would get together in Season 7, I would have (been more surprised) that we’d be getting to Season 7. That’s more shocking than anything else.”

Luckily, Fox executives soon gave the series the plum post-American Idol time slot, and House became a hit for the network, even after moving to Monday nights later on. And, following years of developing the romantic tension, the show’s writers finally took the leap in the Season 6 finale by allowing House and Cuddy to enter into a romantic relationship. Viewers who had waited impatiently for the pairing were thrilled, while more skeptical fans were satisfied to see that, in Season 7, the couple’s lives only got more complicated.

Although she’s thrilled about her character’s new story arc, Edelstein admits that House and Cuddy still have many obstacles to overcome before they could ever be considered a stable couple.

“They’re two very complicated people who really want to be together. Whether they can is another thing, but they’re going to try as hard as they can … Whether or not he’s ultimately someone (Cuddy) can trust is something House still has to prove.”

It took a long time for those two crazy kids to get together, but Edelstein is thankful that the writers waited this long, as her personal friendship with Laurie has made their characters’ onscreen intimacy less daunting.

“We’ve been working together for seven years, which, in our line of work, it’s like dog years — 49 years.” Edelstein laughs. “I really feel like, as our friendship as people developed, this closeness between the characters was an easier thing to do than if we had started from Day 1.”

Source
    Web

2. huddylori

User deleted

Grazie Tere!!
    La stessa dell'altro ieri,giusto?

CITAZIONE
    “We’ve been working together for seven years, which, in our line of work, it’s like dog years — 49 years.” Edelstein laughs. “I really feel like, as our friendship as people developed, this closeness between the characters was an easier thing to do than if we had started from Day 1.”

Queste parole mi piacciono molto! :wub:

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE (huddylori @ 27/1/2011, 17:16) 
    Grazie Tere!!
    La stessa dell'altro ieri,giusto?

CITAZIONE

Queste parole mi piacciono molto! :wub:

oddeo l'avevo già postato?? o.o
    Web

4. huddylori

User deleted

Oddeo,a me sembrava..non proprio questo articolo,ma il pezzo riferito a Hugh sono sicura di averlo letto,ma non lo trovo!
    Perchè delle parole riferite a Hugh ne parlavo con Frà!

5. huddylori

User deleted

http://screenrant.com/house-season-7-lisa-...view-aco-97912/

Mi sembrava che ci fosse!
    Ilpezzo riferito a hugh,allora l'ho letto qui,ma mi sembrava che tu l'avessi postato o qualcun altro.... avolte perdo i colpi!! :lol:
    Questo l'ho ripescato da IWFC!

4 replies since 27/1/2011, 16:56   34 views