(article) House Star Lisa Edelstein’s Long-term Vegetarian Lifestyle

« Older   Newer »

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE
    House Star Lisa Edelstein’s Long-term Vegetarian Lifestyle

lisa-edelstein-e1287601186189

House star Lisa Edelstein believes the key to looking great is about healthy lifestyle changes, not following a strict diet. Along with her daily Ashtanga yoga practice, Lisa follows a balanced vegetarian diet. Check out House every Monday on Fox!

Growing up in a Kosher home taught Lisa Edelstein about food restrictions at an early age. She says, “if you’re raised with a food restriction, it’s not that difficult to have another kind of food restriction.” She told Prevention, “I’ve been a vegetarian since I was a teenager–when I was a kid, they called me Rabbit–but I grew up in a family where we had meat everyday, and where green beans were gray. I didn’t try broccoli until I was 16.”

Lisa suggests approaching healthy eating as a lifestyle, not a diet. She told Parade, “To become a healthier eater, make tiny changes.” “If you’re really addicted to certain kinds of food, it’ll be very hard to stop permanently if you give them up all at once. If you eat a lot of starchy foods, introduce a vegetable once a week, then twice a week, and then three times a week. Slowly fill your diet with new flavors. By the time you’re ready to let go of whatever it is you want to let go of, you’ve got a full menu.”

Although Lisa Edelstein has created a healthy relationship with food, she recognizes it is not easy in our culture. She told Prevention, “I think in the developed world, we eat addictively, and it’s hard to find a healthy relationship with food,” “We have emotional attachments to food from childhood. And it’s a mistake when people go on diets — they’re waiting for it to end. You have to find a way to have a relationship.”

Lisa’s vegetarian diet is easy because she loves vegetables. Her favorites include broccoli, kale, carrots, Brussels sprouts, string beans, sugar snaps, hearts of romaine and avocados. She says, “I love to cook! One of my favorite things to make is lemongrass soup. It’s wonderful, like vegetarian chicken soup — really good when you don’t feel well.”

Source via @_ppistachio
    Web

2. huddylori

User deleted

Grazie Tere!!
    Comunque io non potrei mai essere vegetariana!
    Non ce la farei proprio!

Group
    founder

Status
    CITAZIONE (huddylori @ 26/7/2012, 12:56) 
    Grazie Tere!!
    Comunque io non potrei mai essere vegetariana!
    Non ce la farei proprio!

di niente<33
    Web

2 replies since 26/7/2012, 11:15   30 views